You will find many answers and links that you need on this page. For additional assistance contact an online advisor.
The registration process is the same for online courses as it is for campus courses. Use your NetID to access LoboWeb to register for courses through UNM's online registration software. Make sure to choose the right section number for the online section of the course. Visit Applying to UNM to learn more about registration and admission.
Orientation within your online course
UNM Learn, the Learning Management System (LMS) for online courses, provides an orientation experience within your UNM Online course. Login to your online course through the UNM Learn page.
Preparing for the First Day of Class
- Please review the course details before the first day of class by clicking your course title in the Online Class Schedule. This will let you know of any special instructions, books or materials needed for the course. Some instructors may have requirements that must be completed prior to the first day of class.
- You may also find instructor contact information at the Online Class Schedule. Click the course title to see these details.
- Make sure to login to UNM Learn on the first day of class. You will need to know your UNM NetID and password to login. Please note: unless indicated in the online course listings, access to online courses will not be available before the first day of the semester.
Textbook information is available at the UNM Bookstore.
Prior to the semester start, a welcome letter and/or email will be sent to you from UNM Online noting the steps to get started with your online class.
UNM Learn, the Online Learning Environment
UNM Learn, powered by Blackboard, is a learning management system (LMS) that provides an integrated tool set used for developing and delivering courses or portions of courses over the Internet at UNM. To access your course via UNM Learn:
- You must be a student admitted to UNM and registered in an online course. Go to Applying to UNM to learn more about this process.
- You must have and maintain a UNM NetID account in order to participate in online courses. The account is free and can be created at https://netid.unm.edu.
- Go to learn.unm.edu.
What does a student need to know to take an online course?
- Knowledge of Windows or Mac OS
- Ability to use a Web browser and Internet connection
- Ability to copy, save, and manipulate files in Windows or Mac OS
Computer and Equipment Requirements
You will need access to a computer with broadband Internet connectivity that can stream video and audio. Your course may also require hardware such as a headset with microphone. For course-specific requirements, check the course details by clicking the course title in the Online Class Schedule.
Any computer capable of running a recently updated web browser should be sufficient to access your online course. However, processor speed, amount of RAM and Internet connection speed can greatly affect performance.
Online courses perform best on a high speed Internet connection. Cable and DSL connections improve the user's experience with the course. Those using dial-up connections will experience longer page load times and much slower performance when accessing their online course. Many locations offer free high speed Internet access, including UNM's Computer Pods. A listing of computer pods can be obtained from http://it.unm.edu/pods/. To access online courses from off-campus, an Internet Service Provider (ISP) is required for an Internet connection.
UNM Learn Technical Support
24/7 technical support is available by phone only for all online courses! Call:
- Albuquerque: (505) 277-0857
- Toll-Free: 1-877-688-8817
UNM Learn offers technical support within each course through the “Create a Support Ticket” service. Responses to this service are offered Monday-Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM.