Apply to UNM
Students who take classes through UNM Online are admitted as UNM main campus students. This page is an overview of UNM’s admission and registration processes. You will find many answers and links that you need here. If you need further assistance, please contact an advisor for online classes or your degree program advisor.
Undergraduate Application Process
- First time freshman
- UNM branch campus (Gallup, Taos, Valencia, Los Alamos)
- Re-admit (absent from UNM for 4 or more semesters)
- Dual credit enrollment
As a short guideline, you will need to submit these items to the Admissions Office:
- Completed application form for Undergraduate Admission. The application can be completed and submitted either by hard copy or online. Application deadlines are:
Semester Freshman Transfer International Summer May 1 May 1 March 1 Fall May 1 June 15 May 1 Spring November 15 November 15 October 1
- Official high school transcript(s) with class rank; or official GED scores.
- Official transcripts from all accredited colleges and universities attended (if applicable).
- Official ACT or SAT-I scores.
- A nominal, non-refundable application fee. Find the amount for your admission using the "apply today" links above. You may pay the fee online with a credit card or submit a check or money order payable to:
The University of New Mexico
Office of Admissions
P.O. Box 4895
Albuquerque, NM 87196-4895
To check the status of your paper application, call the Admissions Office at (505) 277-8900.
Graduate Application Process
Please visit the Office of Graduate Studies website to learn more about the various application procedures:
NetID and Password
Each student must have a UNM NetID in order to register for classes. This is required for many other important things such as checking financial aid, creating a UNM email account, and accessing online course content. Students must have been admitted to UNM at least one day prior to attempting to create their UNM NetID. There is no charge for this account. Get your UNM NetID. You will be asked for your date of birth and social security number to complete this process.
All degree-seeking UNM students are required to attend New Student Orientation to assist with their transition to the University. (Orientation is not required for non-degree students.) UNM offers orientation programs for first time freshmen, transfer and non-traditional students, returning students, dual and concurrent students, and family members. If there is absolutely no way you can attend orientation in-person, please call New Student Orientation at (505) 277-3361 to discuss your options.
Register for Classes
To register for classes, use the class registration portal called LoboWeb. It is accessed by logging into your MyUNM account, following these instructions,
- Visit http://my.unm.edu and log in with your NetID and password
- Access LoboWeb, once signed into MyUNM
- Within LoboWeb, select the "Student Tab" followed by "Registration & Records"
- Select "Registration (Add/Drop), Course Search, Check for Holds"
- Review the helpful information on the Registration at UNM page
- Scroll down the page and click on the link, "Registration Portal”
- You are now on the landing page with 4 options
- Select “Register for My Classes”
- Select a semester/term and continue
- Student Consent: To register, you must agree to student financial responsibility
- If you know the CRN(s) for your course(s), select the blue “Enter CRNs”
- If you need to search for courses, select “Find Classes”
- Use the Advanced Search to find online courses
- Select the “Online & ITV” option in the Campus Menu
Tuition and Fees
Student Account Access
A student's billing account is accessed by logging into LoboWeb. To avoid being dropped from a course, payments must be made before each semester's start date.
Accelerated Online Program courses are subject to special tuition rates. Apart from AOP courses, the University assesses regular tuition rates to online courses, plus a $100 delivery fee for each 3 credit hour course.
To access your UNM Account:
- Go to log in to myUNM with your UNM NetID and password
- Click on the ‘Student Life’ tab, then click on LoboWeb
- From the Student Life tab, select the ‘Make Payment…’
- Then click on the ‘UNM Account Suite’ button
- Finally, click on the upper ‘eBills’ tab