Apply to UNM
Students who take classes through UNM Online are admitted as UNM main campus students. This page is an overview of the process for getting admitted and enrolled for classes at UNM. You will find many answers and links that you need here. If you need further assistance, please contact an advisor for online classes or your degree program advisor.
Undergraduate Application Process
- First time freshman
- UNM branch campus (Gallup, Taos, Valencia, Los Alamos)
- Re-admit (absent from UNM for 4 or more semesters)
- Dual credit enrollment
As a short guideline, you will need to submit these items to the Admissions Office:
- Completed application form for Undergraduate Admission. The application can be completed and submitted either by hard copy or online. Application deadlines are:
Semester Freshman Transfer International Summer May 1 May 1 March 1 Fall May 1 June 15 May 1 Spring November 15 November 15 October 1
- Official high school transcript(s) with class rank; or official GED scores.
- Official transcripts from all accredited colleges and universities attended (if applicable).
- Official ACT or SAT-I scores.
- A nominal, non-refundable application fee. Find the amount for your admission using the "apply today" links above. You may pay the fee online with a credit card or submit a check or money order payable to:
The University of New Mexico
Office of Admissions
P.O. Box 4895
Albuquerque, NM 87196-4895
To check the status of your paper application, call the Admissions Office at (505) 277-8900.
Graduate Application Process
Please visit the Office of Graduate Studies website to learn more about the various application procedures:
NetID and Password
Each student must have a UNM NetID in order to register for classes. This is required for many other important things such as checking financial aid, creating a UNM email account, and accessing online course content. Students must have been admitted to UNM at least one day prior to attempting to create their UNM NetID. There is no charge for this account. Get your UNM NetID. You will be asked for your date of birth and social security number to complete this process.
All degree-seeking UNM students are required to attend New Student Orientation to assist with their transition to the University. (Orientation is not required for non-degree students.) UNM offers orientation programs for first time freshmen, transfer and non-traditional students, returning students, dual and concurrent students, and family members. If there is absolutely no way you can attend orientation in-person, please call New Student Orientation at (505) 277-3361 to discuss your options.
Register for Classes
To register for classes you will need to login to my.unm.edu using your NetID and password.
- Click on the ‘Student Life’ tab located across the top of the myUNM webpage
- Click on the red ‘LoboWeb’ link in the middle of the page
- From the Student & Financial Aid Menu, click on ‘Registration and Records’
- If you DO NOT know your desired course reference number (CRN), you will select ‘Search Class Schedule for Classes to Add’
- If you know your desired CRN, select ‘Registration Add/Drop Classes’
- To register, you must ‘Accept’ student financial responsibility
- Click on the ‘Select Term’ link and select a term from the drop down menu. Click ‘Submit’.
- To find online classes select ‘Online and ITV’ under campus
Tuition and Fees
Student Account Access
Students may access their student account through LoboWeb to determine how much tuition is owed and pay their fees. Tuition and course fees must be paid prior to the semester start date to avoid being dropped from the course.
The cost for online classes does not differ per credit hour from face-to-face courses; however, there is a $100 delivery fee for each 3 credit hour online course.
To access your UNM Account:
- Go to log in to myUNM with your UNM NetID and password
- Click on the ‘Student Life’ tab, then click on LoboWeb
- From the Student Life tab, select the ‘Make Payment…’
- Then click on the ‘UNM Account Suite’ button
- Finally, click on the upper ‘eBills’ tab