Commencement is December 13, 2019
Intersession, (Late Starting) classes are offered December 14, 2019 to January 13, 2020
More Fall 2019 semester deadlines
Coming Soon: Spring 2020
Spring 2020 classes begin January 20, 2020
Video guide for exporting a class schedule to your calendar
Welcome to UNM Online is an overview of online education at the University of New Mexico.
Because online education is delivered across state lines, there are state and federal regulations in place to ensure students are protected and receive a quality education. For students pursuing a degree leading to licensure outside New Mexico, it is critical to verify relevant state authorizations.
Email questions to UNM Online: firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are two types of online course:
- An asynchronous online course has no, or a very limited number of, scheduled meetings.
- A synchronous online course has regularly scheduled meetings.
The Schedule of Online Courses features academic courses UNM offers online.
Each online course awarded the Golden Paw underwent a rigorous assessment along the Online Course Standards Rubric. UNM faculty conduct an evaluation to ensure every qualified course passes the rubric's highest level of quality.
While many courses are offered online, UNM also has degree programs fully and partially online.
Part of Term
Commonly, courses are conducted over the full term, or within the first half or second half of a semester.
- An online course is accessed through UNM Learn. It is available at 12:00 a.m. on the first day of its part of term.
- Students enrolled online use their NetID and password to log in at learn.unm.edu.
- UNM Learn Support is available 24/7 by phone at 505-277-0857 or toll free at 877-688-8817.
- Contact Learn Support for assistance with the educational technologies in UNM Learn, and for accessing synchronous online courses.
- For courses allowing students to convert content into alternative formats, there is accessibility support documentation.
SurveysUNM Online administers two surveys to students enrolled online. The survey invitations are sent to preferred email addresses, as indicated by UNM records.
Online tutoring services for undergraduates are available at CAPS, UNM's Center for Academic Program Support. For graduate students, there are individual consultations at the Graduate Resource Center. Writing labs are available for undergraduate and graduate students.
A few weeks before midterms, UNM Online will send to online students an email with reminders about services for online tutoring, stress management and career services.
When exam proctoring is required, each student is responsible for coordinating the service with the instructor. Proctoring resources are available here.
UNM Online staff answer questions about the university's online education ecosystem. Phone support is available weekdays during regular business hours. Within one business day, email inquiries are addressed. During periods of heavy seasonal traffic, responses are provided within 2 business days.
At online.unm.edu, a chat bot is available for 24/7 inquiries. Questions the chat bot cannot answer are addressed in 1-2 business days by UNM Online staff.
Contact UNM Online
UNM Online highlights resources available for online students. At online.unm.edu, they are listed under Student Resources.
Frequently used resources: