Transfer Students

UNM welcomes students seeking to transfer coursework completed at other institutions. If you have earned at least 24 semester credit hours at another college or university after completing high school, you may apply for admission to UNMstudent-inset.jpg as a transfer student. Prospective transfer students wishing to apply to one of UNM's online degree programs will find that roughly 60 transferable credit hours will smooth the way to achieving a bachelor's degree. UNM makes it easy to determine the transferability of your previous courses with its Transfer Course Equivalencies tool.

Transfer admission requirements below are simple — and meeting one guarantees transfer admission to the University of New Mexico:

  • Have at least 24 transferrable credits with a minimum “C” average (2.0 on a 4.0 scale) in all transferrable college work attempted.
  • Complete an associate’s degree (AA or AS) from a regionally-accredited community college.

Individual colleges or programs may have additional requirements. Please refer to each academic program’s website for specific program requirements.

Students applying to UNM with fewer than 24 transferrable credit hours must meet both transfer and freshmen admission requirements

For a more detailed explanation of transfer admission requirements, please visit the Admissions Office page for transfer students.